- Payment is made in blocks of generally 12 weeks to coincide with school terms. One full term payment can be made, or two half term payments. Please come and talk to us further about this if you need to.
- No refunds for classes missed by the student.
- Payment should be made within 14 days of receiving the invoice.
- Child will not be able to attend classes the following term unless invoice is settled. Continuous outstanding payment will result in permanent loss of place within the class.
- Notice of termination of classes must be given in advance of new term to avoid being billed for that term.
- Photos may be taken of your child in class to be of use in online marketing and promotion, such a Facebook or our website.
- Our new registration forms feature a opt in/out section regarding this.
- All teachers at the school are required to have an up to date DBS (Disclosure and Barring service) certificate in order to comply with the Protection of Children Act 1999.
- The School adopts a ‘hands on policy’ when it comes the active learning of our students, with the methods of physical contact being age appropriate. For example, hand holding may be necessary in a nursery class, while touch to highlight alignment or the correct muscle to be utilised may be beneficial to an older student.
- Please speak to your class teacher if such elements of physical contact are not appropriate for your child.
- The safeguarding of all our students and staff is of upmost priority to us and our policy is available below. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns.
- The Designated Safeguarding Officer for Willow Tree Dance and Theatre Arts is Becky Budden and the Deputy Safeguarding Officer is Vicki Baker.
General Data Protection Agency 2018 to replace the DPA (Date Protection Act 1998)
What information do we hold and why?
- Willow Tree Dance and Theatre Arts takes details from the student and parent at time of registration
- Childs date of birth is taken to identify the correct class for the student.
- Parent/Carer email address and phone number is taken for necessary correspondence.
- We ask to be notified of any medical conditions to ensure there is nothing in our general class practice that would physically or mentally put your child at risk.
- At the time of a show we also collect your address, post code and your child’s school, in order for the relevant councils to certify we are following the correct rules with regards to The children and Young Person Acts 1933 & 1963 and The Children (Performance and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014.
Who can access this Data?
- The information is kept and stored by Willow Tree Dance and Theatre Arts’ Data Protection Officers (Directors Kate Searle and Vicki Baker) in an encrypted personal database.
- Any paper forms in use are stored in locked cupboard.
- Willow Tree Dance and Theatre Arts will not publish or share your confidential data with any other third parties than mentioned herein.
- At the time or a show the relevant information is passed onto the County council for licensing purposes.
If I leave the school what happens to my data?
- When a pupil leaves the school The Data Protection officers will delete the student/carer’s 11b Yarborough Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO5 3DZ, GB | 07890675689